[Rhodes22-list] Slim's issues

Rik Sandberg sanderico at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 6 01:37:38 EDT 2004

Slim,

The biggest trouble with our schools is, we let the gov't dole out the
money. This ensures that at least half of it will be wasted before it
gets anywhere near it's destination.

I'm with Bob here. If you and I own identical houses on identical lots,
right next to each other, we will probably pay about the same Property
tax. If I chose to send my child to a private school this will not
lessen my property tax burden in the least, but I will have the
additional cost of the private school tuition to pay. Therefore, if my
kid needs to go to a public school to attend a class or two, I am paying
quite handsomely for that service compared to the student who attends
the public school full time. If the administration cannot figure out how
to deal with this, it is their problem, not mine, or yours. I have paid
the bill, I should be able to use the service.

Also, if those teachers that are being abused so badly don't like it,
they should go look for a job elsewhere. When the private schools can't
find enough teachers, then they will be forced to offer better pay,
benies, etc. to attract good teachers. This is called supply and demand
and is how it is done in our country. Seriously Slim, let's say your
band was looking for a bass player and you had 2 applicants of about
equal skill show up. You like them both and the only difference between
the 2 is one thinks he should be paid $250 dollars a night and the other
thinks he should get $500. Who ya gonna pick, eh??

Rik