[Rhodes22-list] I Wish To Change My Vote

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 11:56:39 EDT 2004

Paul,

You may find part of the answer you seek in this
article "Why Democracies Excel" by Siegle, Weinstein,
and Halperin in the Sept/Oct 04 issue of Foreign
Affairs.

The counter argument to self-rule in the Middle East
is to assume that these people require authoritarian
rule and lack the capacity for modernization.  Proceed
with caution, there's racial police on this board!

At any rate, "talk amongst yourselves".  I have to go
fly and these discussions just prior to departure ruin
the zen-like state I like to launch with.

Brad Haslett
"CoraShen"

=== message truncated ===