[Rhodes22-list] I Wish To Change My Vote

P&M Beals beals at rci.rutgers.edu
Thu Oct 7 09:27:35 EDT 2004

Rik,

Just imagine how much we could be putting into Homeland Security with some
of the billions that are going into the mess in Iraq.  Homeland Security has
some funding but from what I have read not enough at the bottom, middle and
top levels.  As we go around the globe trying to root out terrorists,
leaving civilians homeless, sewerless, childless don't you think that
younger terrorists grow up in their places?  We are never going to put an
end to terrorism by our attitude of we beat you all down and eliminate you,
eliminate the threat to America.. we will not eliminate Terrorism....didn't
even W say a month ago " I don't think we can win the war on terrorism...."
oops a day later..."I didn't mean that..."

The dollars that we are sinking, losing in Iraq, let alone our sons and
daughters, how much better they could be invested back here in the U.S.

Sure if we have acts of terrorism we have to respond and act
decisively....hence there really wasn't much if any opposition to entering
Afghanistan to get Osama and the Al Queda bad guys...Kerry isn't going to
sit on his hands....we need an approach that works on improving our
intelligence, coordination for response if things do happen here...all the
guidelines from the 9/11 Commission.... that is where we should be putting
our efforts....

along with No School Left Unfunded you know the No Child Left Behind....the
most unfunded mandate, federal funding for special education that never gets
funded....

or how about bringing the heating assistance programs up to where they
should be.... right now funded at the 1981 levels....while we get to go out
on beautiful sail boats there are people in this county... working, two
couple families  No not welfare folks.... who choose between heat, health
care and how much food for  the week...

but we should just keep fighting the good fight in Iraq....we will win the
war on terrorism....yeah right.

Phyllis
Whisper