[Rhodes22-list] Herb, what about Robin Hood?

Jim White jdwhite at utpa.edu
Fri Oct 8 09:25:31 EDT 2004

   Hey Herb
   Should we try and explain the Robin Hood school initiative to Bill and
   Brad? I assume that you live in the Dallas area, and like the rest of
   us on this list probably earn a "comfortable" salary....so I'm sure
   your school district contributes to districts like ours. As you know,
   the Rio Grande Valley is by definition one of the most impoverished
   areas in the United States. Heck, at one time I think it was
   considered the most impoverished...
   Herb, I want you to know that your stolen tax dollars are not being
   wasted. We have more administrators, facilitators and coordinators
   than ever before. We have more schools, we have more teachers (the
   degree mill is putting them out at a record pace. Seems like every
   other adult I encounter lately is a teacher), we have more equipment
   than we know what to do with (a laptop computer in every pot!). We
   have programs, programs, and more programs.....
   And yet we're still behind the state curve. Why is that? I guess
   stealing from the rich to give to the poor might not be the
   answer......
   Jim White
   BTW I tried your method of accomplishing all three activities the
   other night (fishing, sailing and surfing). My trolling lure hung up
   on a mass of seagrass, the boat jibed hard, and I almost got thrown
   off the foredeck.....(seriously folks, I had a great sail, which was
   necessary to keep my own rudder centered....I highly recommend
   it...and if it's too nasty to sail there...come on down and sail with
   us!!!!).