[Rhodes22-list] Schools was Slim's issues

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Fri Oct 8 16:49:05 EDT 2004

Rummy,

Yes, accreditation is a very big deal.  After some of my comments about
private schools, you might be surprised to learn the my own dear, sweet
mother--and your neighbor--after years of slugging it out in the public
schools founded and ran her own private school, The Seacrest Country Day
School,  in the years she lived in Naples, FL.  She started with pre-K and
each year added one classroom and hired one teacher until the school reached
Pre-K through grade 8, with two sections of each.  She even wrote a book
about it called Inventing a School, Expanding the Boundaries of Learning by
Dr. Jane Kern.  Not only was Seacrest fully accredited but Mom was hired a
number of times as a consultant to other schools who were seeking
accreditation.  Yeah, she would have been one of those people snooping
around and asking questions.  8-)  and I would know, she's done that to me
all my life.  8-)  Naturally, we've had countless discussions on public vs.
private and sometimes she even lets me win.  8-)

Slim