[Rhodes22-list] Radio - FM Recption - GPS Map

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 06:27:36 EDT 2004

Am I the only one on a lake with almost no FM radio
available? Last Christmas I purchased an XM satellite
radio for CoraShen and it has turned out to be a
wonderfull investment.  Now I don't have to drag CD's
to the boat or listen to "swap shop" and the
obituaries on the local stations.  Both Sirrius and XM
get about 160+ stations and the reception is
outstanding.  The equipment is about $125 and the
service $10 per month.  I move the equipment to my car
when not on the boat.

This experiment with dual use equipment has gotten me
started looking at portable GPS moving map displays.
The Garmin 176 looks interesting.  You can use it on
the boat and then in the car as well.  Anyone on the
list have experience with one?

Brad Haslett
"CoraShen"