[Rhodes22-list] Nuclear materials 'vanish' in Iraq

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 09:03:24 EDT 2004

Wait a minute. I thought good old Saddam lost all
interest in his nuclear program and WMD.  Aluminum
tubes, what aluminum tubes?  Sec. of State Powell was
lying or had bad evidence, right?  The Communist News
Network did not break this story, it came from Rueters
and was published in the NY Times as well.  Their
source is a UN agency, those Oil-for-Food trustworthy
souls.  If you go back to the news articles of May
2003 you will find that the US forces were days late
arriving at nuclear sites and some barrels of waste
material was dumped out so the locals could use the
barrels for drinking water.  Too bad for them, the
health problems are starting to appear.  Dual use
equipment?  What do you need?  The French, Germans,
Russians, and Chinese will sell you whatever you want.

Look, it is bad that these items are unaccounted for
but this is hardly news.  The timing is a bit
suspicious though.  Read the letter to the editor to
the New York Times from Saddam's bomb builder.  Here's
the link.

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1227547/posts

So what's the logic here?  You feel less safe because
nuclear materials are missing but you would feel more
safe if Saddam was still in power and knew where they
were?  Huh?

Brad Haslett
"CoraShen"

--- "Gardner, Douglas (LNG-DAY)"