[Rhodes22-list] David's new Rhodes

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Oct 13 10:02:46 EDT 2004

David:

Rummy and I are from South Carolina, USA.  We sail all year round.  Rummy is
also a slick Rhodes sailsman(sp), so if you are down this way give us a
holler.

Let me add to Saroj's comments.  I believe this is an email address of an
Arizona Rhodie:

lostspokeranch at theriver.com

There is also an experienced Rhodie in Oregon, USA, Chris Geankoplis [
napoli68 at charter.net ].

Bob Weber who has already replied to you, runs a sailing school which uses a
Rhodes 22 as the instructional sailboat.  He says, "convenient Midwest
location is in St. Louis, Missouri and we sail on Lake Carlyle in Illinois."

http://www.odysseysailing.com/

Be glad you have given Stan a deposit and he gave you a commitment, because
after the Annapolis Boat Show, he may have trouble building all the R22's
people want.  The wait may grow to two years if all those wanting give him
deposits, and that could happen.  Stan works off the first come, first
served method, so those with the first commitments will get their boats for
the next sailing season, those who wait till just before the season, will
not be so fortunate.

If anybody knows an experienced FRP boat builder looking for work, have them
contact Stan.  Stan needs an artist with attention to detail who does not
require top dollar.  It would help if they spoke English.

Ed K
Sailing on Rummy's Lake, aka, Lake Hartwell.