[Rhodes22-list] Outboard Repair

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Wed Oct 13 19:27:30 EDT 2004

I have an old Evinrude 35 on my fishing boat.  The starter has conked out.
It's not the battery--other than that I have no clue.  I've done my share of
starter motor change-outs on all the old cars I've had over the years, but I
don't know much about outboards.  I don't even know where the starter is.
It didn't go out gradually, though.  It worked fine and then all at
once--you turn the key and nothing.  So maybe it's a connection.

Is there a good reference for outboard repair?  Maybe something like
"Outboards for Dummies" or anything like that?  I don't think the shop
manual would be much help--it already assumes too much--unless it has lots
of pictures.  8-)

Slim