[Rhodes22-list] how many people

Bob Weber ruba1811 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 15 11:55:47 EDT 2004

Bob, there probably is not a capacity plate on your boat.  I think is only
required for power vessels.  In lue of the capacity plate the CG recommends
the following formula.
(Lenght at waterline X Width of waterline)/150
Assuming 7.5 beam and 20 foot waterline = you can get 10 cuban refugees on
your boat.  My Nuclear Physicist students pointed out correctly that the
shape of the waterline will change with each additional person and there by
maby allowing for an eleventh or even 12th refugee.  Bob