[Rhodes22-list] More Lacking Etiquette

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Fri Oct 15 16:21:30 EDT 2004

Bob,

This just came up last night in discussion w/ friends at our marina in
Deltaville over a few drinks. The general consensus was "if you use the
other guy's line, you open yourself up for the possibility of a salvage
claim of up to 12.5% of the value of the boat and it's cargo". No one had
any references w/ which to back this up, but all seemed to agree that, if
the other guy tosses you a line, you should let it fall in the water and
toss him your line if you need a tow.

Mark Kaynor