[Rhodes22-list] Re: Politics

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Mon Oct 18 13:00:15 EDT 2004

Time to stick my head up again --

Eisenhauer, staunch Republican as he was, warned us of a
growing military-industrial complex.  Orwell described the
current government by many lies so well.  One person said
that "1984 is not a book -- it is a blueprint."

It is time for us -- the common man -- to take back control
of our country from big business.  Another 4 years under
Bush will pack our Supreme Court with those who favor the
reactionary religious right and big business.  We will not
just have a debt that will be paid by our grandchildren, we
will have a justice system that would be the laughing-stock
of the world if it were not so tragic.  And women will be
having children that they do not want; children who may
become legions of cannon-fodder in the USA Imperium.

Keep up the good work, my fellow proud-to-be-liberal
Democrats, and stem the tide of fascistic Republican
hatefests, bookburnings, and erosion of constitutional
liberties.

Keep this in mind:

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the
bidding of the leaders, that is easy. All you have to do is
tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the
peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country
to danger. It works the same in every country."
-- Hermann Goering (Nazi planner)

--
Robert Skinner
"Squirrel Haven", 9 Gateway Commons, Gorham, Maine 04038-1331