[Rhodes22-list] Re: Politics

Chris Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Tue Oct 19 09:48:46 EDT 2004

Stan,

I've been keeping my head down but I've got to relate an incident that
occurred here in Medford a few days ago.  The President visited and there
was a large turnout at the fairgrounds.  Three of my fellow teachers, ladies
all (in all ways) went to the speech with their tickets and were admitted.
(the loyalty oath had been signed by another person and the tickets were
given to these teachers) (I suspect Ashcroft is instituting an investigation
as we speak).  Then the threat was detected by the "security" provided by
the republican party and the teachers were threatened with arrest for
wearing an (and I quote from first hand sources) an obscene slogan on the
t-shirts.  More security guards and secrete service were called and the
teachers were " emphatically" escorted out:  they were told they would be
arrested if they tried to enter the "private affair"again.  The obscene
slogan on their t-shirt?

"Protect our Civil Rights"  and nothing more.
Chris Geankoplis