[Rhodes22-list] Storm sails reference by Bob - more on solents

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Wed Oct 20 22:00:16 EDT 2004

most like rummy has a luffpad that is helping some, most of the 175 I
seen do not.
FWIW, an 100%-110% will reef down enough for any storm sail, it only a 7
foot J. after about 30-35 knots the haul fair will start influencing
matter more that than sail and 35+ you be running with it.  A stay sail
and Yankee storm are not going to help.

MJM