[Rhodes22-list] Re: Politics - Where do we draw the line?

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 11:32:26 EDT 2004

Stan,

These political love-fests are strickly for the red
meat partisans and a few video clips for the evening
news.  Pick your party, there's no difference.  When I
was flying charter I attended over a hundred of these
things in Arkansas for state-wide races, mostly
Democrats.  This much I am certain, Democratic rubber
chicken tastes the same as Republican rubber chicken.

There was one rally that stuck out from the others.
Senator Dale Bumpers invited me to go with him to a
rally in Rogers, Arkansas (he always did). I went for
the free chicken rather than hang around the airport,
plus, I liked Bumpers personally.  Three KKK members
were there with their robes, but sans hoods.  Why?
Political correctness and sensitivity run amok
probobably, but who knows?  One clansman was trying to
hand the Senator a pamplet while another tried to get
a photo.  Sen. Bumpers asked me to run interference by
standing between him and the "boys".  This went on for
about five minutes and they finally gave up.  I asked
the Senator on the way home to Little Rock if he ever
thought about security.  "Nah, you're doing a fine job
Brad".  The Senator's politics never agreed with mine
but I sure liked the chicken and the flying!

Brad Haslett
"CoraShen"

=== message truncated ===