[Rhodes22-list] Genoa sheet will chafe

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Oct 22 20:16:00 EDT 2004

Rummy,
	It is a good thing that you posted that picture.  I presume that red
line crossing the outer and forward inner shroud is the Genoa sheet.  It
will chafe the way that it is rubbing on the turnbuckles.
	Some people use rigging tape to cover the offending turnbuckle.  As
you know, my boat has funky white plastic PVC tubes that cover that part of
the turnbuckle.  My plastic covers came from the Lowe's plumbing department.
They have a wider end that fits over the turnbuckle allowing the sheet to
run smoothly across without chafing.
	Since the Shucks are not on the list and you know how to find them,
I leave it to you to show them what I am saying.
	BTW this is the gospel according to Stan. Amen.

Ed K