[Rhodes22-list] Leak on port side bow area of the 1983 Rhodes 22

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Mon Oct 25 07:21:28 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "steve" <stevej78 at comcast.net>
To: <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2004 11:27 PM
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Leak on port side bow area of the 1983 Rhodes 22

Roger,

Good evening,

I 'm a Rhodes 22 owner with a 1983 Rhodes.  I live in Bellevue, WA., in the
Seattle area.

There is a leak on the port side inside the v berth of the boat.

It's a small leak in the in the berth that weeps from the on the port side
seams where the upper deck and hull meet..

This leak seeps down along the port seam to the wooden support rail which is
fiber glassed in the bow.  The water continues along the rail to the end of
the rail where now the exposed wood shows dampness.

Would the rub rail and the black holding device for the rub rail be removed
off around the nose of the boat and using a sealant calk the joint to solve
the leak?

Please advise in stopping this leak.

Thank you for your patience in reading this long email.

Steve Jacobs

Bellevue, WA

Stevej78 at comcast.com

----