[Rhodes22-list]David and Rose

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 28 10:44:33 EDT 2004

Just to update the list.  I have not had significant oil burning on
my new Nissan 6hp 4 cycle after I refilled the almost empty
reservoir after about 8 hours.  I did take it to the dealer and he
rechecked it and sees no oil burning problems either.  I hope it
really is only a break-in problem.  I did look for two strokes
before I bought the new Nissan and did not find any long
shafts in the local shops or bboards (until just after I bought
the new motor).  So the jury is still out.  I have been happy
with the performance.  Plenty of power and quieter than the
2 cycle engines.  The 6hp does tend to vibrate, which is probably
accentuated by the non-rigid connection to my older style motor
lift.

Ron