[Rhodes22-list] Reefer Madness

Steve rhodes2282 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 12:14:25 EDT 2004

Lou
On big boat, I have heard good reviews of the
stackpack.  But the Rhodes only has a 110 square feet
of sail in that main.  It can be man handled fairly
easy.  So I have always kept it simple.  Actually, I
have never use the second set of reef points in my
sail.

I have always found that with one reef in the main and
the headsail furl a lttle.  I can just let the main
backwind and let the genny do all the work.  With 200
sq ft in the genny and even furled a lttle; that will
still be more sq ft than most other boat our same
size.  As long as you keep the headsail pulling; it
will walk away from most other boat.
Steve