[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes owners in Canada preferably Ontario

Mark Skapinker marks at brightspark.com
Thu Oct 28 16:04:46 EDT 2004

Any time. I am thrilled to tell you that they are some of our greatest
citizens.

Here is an FYI:
http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2004/09/08/draft_dogers040908.ht
ml
"Draft-dodger memorial to be built in B.C."
NELSON, B.C. - B.C. activists plan to erect a bronze sculpture honouring
draft dodgers, four decades after Americans opposed to the Vietnam War
sought refuge in Canada.

The memorial, created by artists in Nelson, B.C., ties into a two-day
celebration planned for July 2006 that pays tribute to as many as
125,000 Americans who fled to Canada between 1964 and 1977.

"This will mark the courageous legacy of Vietnam War resisters and the
Canadians who helped them resettle in this country during that
tumultuous era," Isaac Romano, the director of the Our Way Home festival
told a news conference in Nelson Tuesday.

The event will honour people who came to Canada and resisted war
efforts, from burning their draft cards during the Vietnam War to
leaving the army to protest the war in Iraq, Romano said.