[Rhodes22-list]David and Rose

anima13 anima13 at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 28 21:49:55 EDT 2004

Rose,
I have a Mercury 6 hp fourstroke and it has never failed me.
It is a long shaft, but with 3-4ft beam waves, I do cavitate.
When it is only me on the boat, I don't weigh enough to
compensate for those waves. That is the only time it is troublesome.
but I just lower the throttle and go back up again..over and over.
I have pull start. I have only one battery on the boat and I like
it that way. I have used my boat so much that I am very comfortable
using both tiller and engine for steering. It appeals to the monkey
in me, after all, I am a foredeck gal!
Anne