[Rhodes22-list] Polyester Dacron Thread for Sail Repair

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Fri Oct 29 22:23:39 EDT 2004

Byran,

The term "polyester twine" means a cord of two or more polyester threads
twisted or braided together.  Dacron is the Dupont Corp's trademark name for
polyester.  Normally, for hand stitched repairs, twine is favored over
thread because the number of stitches per inch is less than if the repair is
made with a sewing machine.  Because of the fewer number of stitches per
inch, the required tensile strength per stitch is greater, hence the use of
twine vs. thread.

You can buy both polyester twine & thread at Boat US & Sailrite.

Good luck!

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium