[Rhodes22-list] Mr. Effros

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Mon Sep 6 11:34:53 EDT 2004

Sorry, Ed, and All--

I am debugging a complex system that will soon be all over the Internet.  It scooped up every email address anywhere in my computer and was supposed to de-dupe them before sending.  We are working over the Labor Day Weekend so we can address problems before the real numbers start to hit.

I pulled the Rhodes List address because I knew the unsubscribe mechanism would not work.  I forgot that anyone I ever emailed back channel would get an email.

Ed, if the automatic unsubscribe and de-duping mechanisms are not working, I've got to figure out why.  Thanks for taking the time to let me know.

With regard to the book and the quotes you received, I do not see them as "positive" or "negative".  I do not see them as favoring one side or the other.  What I tried to do was present a shorthand version of 135 issues that I think are important, in the words of the people who were directly involved.  I tried to present all sides of every issue, fairly.

I don't know which quotes you received in email.  The whole point of the mailings was to encourage people to read ALL of the quotes.  I am giving away the book!  Please go to my web site, download it, and read it.  There is an election coming up.  If, after reading what our leaders had to say, you still think the quotes are "negative" I suggest you take that up with them.

Bill