[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Stan - Politics

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Sep 6 13:30:10 EDT 2004

Stan:
	I am like many others on this list a Vietnam Veteran.  They never
sent me there for two reasons:  (1) my vision made me non-combat.  (2) They
made me into a nuclear weapons launch officer with access to War Codes (And
I was not allowed to leave the country with out special permission).  If who
ever were President turned to that officer with the brief case that was
always with him, and used that phone, I was one of those who were
responsible for executing the war order.

	There are many like me who did that job around the county.  We were
all volunteers.  When I was on duty I was under arms.  I toted a 38
revolver, and qualified as an expert shot under the FBI field test.

	I see this cause as a war against Islamic Terrorist.  I told someone
on this list last week that those people have zero respect for any opinion
other than their own.  They even have contempt for moderate Muslims.  I
would rather take the fight to them than have them destroying buildings
filled with people here.  Stop and look at the recent incident in Russia.
It is the same mindset of people.

	I have no problem with those who say Bush in not that smart.  There
are many comments about his National Guard service.  He qualified as a
fighter pilot, not an easy thing to do.  And he was trained in an old
airplane.  The F102 was a dangerous plane to fly.  Quit kidding yourself and
others about his flyboy status.  Someone should pull the records and see how
many pilots were killed flying 102s.  It was supersonic; it flamed out and
even exploded in flight.  He was not that smart to fly 102's!

	And I have a problem with his and Cheney's affiliation with 'oil'.
When I compare that to the threat from Terrorist, I have to appreciate the
inherent evil or contempt for others of the Islamist.  Stan those people
would just as soon kill you.

	I believe that Kerry would respond to the threat neither
appropriately or fast enough.  In his own words, he would have done things
differently.

	Early in the campaign, Edwards spoke in Greenville.  I went and
listened.  I had originally thought I would support him.  When I left that
talk, I believed that he was very articulate, but also a con man.  I
compared him to Jim Baker, if you remember who he was.

	No I do not like Chaney; I could think of a dozen others who I would
rather have.  I in no way believe that Chaney could ever be top man on a
ticket.  I agree with those who say that he is too close to oil interest.
But at least we know where we have to watch him.

	It is my opinion that neither Kerry nor Edwards are trustworthy.  I
trust you even though you are wrong.  I trust Roger even though his analysis
does not adequately weigh in that hard to evaluate think we call trust.

	I have learned that people in general and in the news media are
critical of politicians.  I have met and known governors, and other state
officials.  Most are ordinary people and quite honest.  They are generally
articulate and what we call well spoken.  If you want to be critical of
people in pubic life, then I believe that you ought to get involved in
helping in 'politics'.  Knock on doors and introduce candidates to your
neighbors.  Stuff envelopes. Address envelopes.  The hardest thing of all is
run for public office.  These are the responsible things to do as Americans.
And, I believe that every American has the obligation to do the responsible
thing.

	In summary, your aversion to war does not fully evaluate the
Islamist threat.

Ed K