[Rhodes22-list] First sail - Red Rover

Julie Thorndycraft julie at circle7.net
Mon Sep 6 19:22:52 EDT 2004

Slim,
You were right, the wind was just way too gusty. It was all over the place
(15-25) and switching direction every 30 seconds - pain in the butt sailing!
Days like today make me wish for steady, boring coastal breezes. We stayed
out for about 45 minutes with half of the IMF and no jib. We decided that
cocktails at the Mist sounded much nicer. Unfortunately, it was standing
room only and no place to park. So we came home and now Dan is grilling
steaks and having a beer. Tomorrow night should be better.
Julie