[Rhodes22-list] What do you do with monsters?

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Wed Sep 8 16:34:14 EDT 2004

I just wanted to add this:  I'm a member of another email list of folks in
my profession, an industry known as "Dueling Pianos," and guess what?
They're talking about politics and I can't believe the flames and
name-calling going on over there at duelingpianoplayers.com
...and don't go there--you'll be offended!  Actually, you can't read the
posts unless you join and you don't want to--trust me.  Steve would fit
right in except he'd be one of the tamer members.  8-)

Even I, The Slim One, the voice of reason and moderation  8-) can't post on
politics over there without getting totally ambushed and flamed to ashes.
And they're mostly liberals!  Like us, they once tried to keep politics off
the board but people can't resist.  (especially now since their sys admin is
on vacation but when he gets back, he's gonna get out the belt.)  But unlike
us, they have no sense of civil debate.  For that, I commend the Rhodes list
for keeping things pretty well above board, for the most part, and for
allowing us all to voice our opinions without being trampled.

But, Steve, if you're reading this, get back to work and pay your taxes so I
can get my welfare check, Dammit!

Slim