[Rhodes22-list] List Administrator See All

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Sep 10 13:32:25 EDT 2004

Steve,
Unfortunately, to many people have forgotten how really unpopular the
Vietnam war was throughout the country. John Kerry wasn't alone among the  veterans
that DID come home and then protested or did whatever they could to end  the
war and bring their comrades home. I guess you would have to put me in the
same boat with John Kerry because I also protested against the war. Most people
that went to Vietnam knew what a terrible mistake it was and just wanted to
end  it as soon as possible. I think 53,000 lives, wasted for nothing pretty
much  sums it up.
I was kind of an unusual member of the army in those days. Most of my
comrades were young, uneducated, black and poor. They didn't have the smarts to  be
able to stay in college or even possibly afford college in order to get a
deferment. "W" used political and family influence to get a slot in the guard.
Nobody can argue that point because there just weren't enough slots to go
around  in those days. He was a privileged son, plane and simple. The military
records  don't add up because he didn't fulfill his obligation. If you believe
differently, I'm sorry, but you are wrong.

Rummy