[Rhodes22-list] Ocean Sailing

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Fri Sep 10 19:56:46 EDT 2004

   Ed,

       I met a gentleman back in the late 80's, at the sailing harbor at
   Hickham Air Force Base on Oahu.  I was there taking my first sailing
   lessons.  He had sailed his 19 foot boat solo from Oxnard Shores,
   California to Hawaii.  He had the boat on stands with a for sale sign
   on it.  He said he rode the trade winds all of the way, and would
   never make it back home.

   Todd