[Rhodes22-list] Polotics: Welfare

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sat Sep 11 00:32:27 EDT 2004

Wally,

See my answer to Michael.  I don't know how old your parents are, but very few people can afford to maintain their parents' medical costs any more.  Most people expect to be able to stop paying for medical insurance when they go on Social Security because Medicare will pay for almost everything after that.

Again, one can argue this is not right, and that it puts too much burden on the current generation to pay for it's parents.  But one way or another someone is going to have to pay for it.  The only question is "who?"

The important thing is that we all face up to the realities of the situation, and not allow ourselves to be fooled by politicians whose plan is to blame one group or another as if that will in any way solve the problem.

Bill Effros