[Rhodes22-list] Bush's Service Record

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 13 10:48:35 EDT 2004

Ahoy Brad! Good to see you back. I hope you getting some time at the helm of
your S???? (can't remember model).

I think Kerry is barking up the wrong tree going after Bush's guard record
but I must correct one point. Swift boat duty was not safe duty when Kerry
served. The only reason I know this is we lived in Navy officer quarters in
Pearl City Hawaii during that time. One of my neighbor/school mates fathers
served on a swift boat. They were nailed by enemy fire and their boat was
destroyed. There were several wounded including my friends dad. His wounds
were so severe he was discharged and they were sent back state side.

I have had recent discussions with my father (retired Navy Captain) asking
him if he knew Kerry or anyone who served with Kerry. He did not so he
wouldn't comment on Kerry's time in the Navy. He will freely admit that this
was dangerous duty before, during, and after the time Kerry served. He
despises Kerry for his comments made while protesting the war though.

I think both sides are guilty of a bunch of spin. This is just another
example. It is a shame both our choices don't offer much for me to get
excited about. Kerry has really hurt his chances by making his time in Viet
Nam such a big issue.

Fair winds,

Wally