[Rhodes22-list] Mary Lou's Lee helm

Mary Lou Troy mltroy at verizon.net
Mon Sep 13 11:08:09 EDT 2004

At 09:50 AM 9/13/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Mary Lou,
>Keep in mind that while trying to balance the boat, there are two parts to
>that equation. Port to Starboard which is your present concern, but also
>remember the bow to stern.As Stan has always mentioned, the R22 prefers
>the bow  a
>little heavy.

You are right Rummy. Fretless sails much better with a full water tank and
the spare anchor & chain up in vberth (we don't have it on the bow)

>You starboard list is a little puzzling, but remember, the
>galley and the head are on that side. Do you a marine head or a porta-potti?

Porta potti. All of our trim is the teak faced plywood so there's some
weight there particularly in the galley.

>I  would have thought the motor and gas would have offset that weight.
>Possibly
>all  the canned goods, ice, and beverages are the difference. What do you
>store
>beneath the sink?

We thought so too. We do keep cold beer, ice and soda in the cooler. A few
utensils and dry foodstuffs under the counter but not a huge amount of weight.

Mary Lou