[Rhodes22-list] Mr. Schiller

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Sep 13 12:48:36 EDT 2004

Mr. Schiller:

I was out of town when you posted.  Michael used my standard reply, thank
you Michael.  Others have replied with more information.

Comparing the R22 to Potter 19, makes me ask, have you ever been on a Potter
19?  If all you want is a shallow water day sailor then it will do fine, but
do not expect to use the cabin.  You want to be in the cabin of a Potter 19
with the keel up one time.  If you have not bought the boat, I expect it
will be your last.

Which Bristol are you from?  I do not know where Bristol, Delaware is?

In your consideration of the Rhodes 22, which features are you considering?
Standard main sail or IMF?  How much help are you going to have launching
and retrieving?  Have you sailed in a R 22?

You are talking about taking lessons.  Have you seen:
http://www.odysseysailing.com/favorite.htm

You could take a short vacation and learn to sail a small boat at the same
time.  Then you would be in a better position to know what will suit your
interest before you invest.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA