[Rhodes22-list] Port Settee plus a political rider from the port

Steve rhodes2282 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 07:12:32 EDT 2004

Stan, Stan, Stan
FYI
That law only banned about 11 weapons.  Manufactors
bypassed the law by changing the designed just a tad
and the very same guns are still being sold that were
on the banned list.

OK, here goes.
If you want to kill a bunch of poeple in close range,
criminals can use a 12 gauge shotgun with buckshot and
do a much better job killing than if they use an
military type weapon.

If criminals want to kill from a distants, a deer
rifle like a 300 Winchester will do a much better job
than a military type weapon.

Also, these types of bans on weapons only keep them
out of the hands of honest citizens.  Citizens that
would be paying taxes on the purchse of these guns.
Criminals have always had them and can easily get
them.

The President can not make a law.  Congress would have
to pass something and send it to the President for
signature.  The Presidient has said that he would sign
it if Congress sent it to him.  Let me see, who in
Congress could be leading the way to get this passed
and on the President desk.  Any Senators come to
Mind:-)
Respectfully,
Steve

http://mail01.mail.com/scripts/payment/adtracking.cgi?bannercode=adsfreejump01