[Rhodes22-list] Mourning Doves

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Fri Sep 17 04:00:09 EDT 2004

Just by looking at that picture, I'd guess that's a Benelli over/under 12
ga.  At least it LOOKS like a 12 ga.  Even with a light load, isn't that a
little much for doves?  Talk about your shock and awe!?  A .410 is about
right.  Maybe a 20 ga.

But now I can sleep at night knowing that we finally have a resident expert
on doves that can set all us nimrods straight on the genus and species.  8-)
But Grayson's wrong that all I know is how to kill them.  I also know how to
prepare and eat them.  A bird is a bird is a bird, and by any other name
still tastes like chicken!  8-)

Slim

P.S.  "You haven't hunted until you've hunted man."  -Jesse Ventura

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200409/17/bushsport1h.
bi> n