[Rhodes22-list]Political response - Brad'sSpiders

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 19 06:48:05 EDT 2004

Rummy,

I feel your pain.  We had a freak storm here in
Memphis last July - a line of thunderstorms with a
gust front that exceeded 100 mph is some parts of the
city.  Certain areas were without power for over three
weeks.  I landed about an hour after it happened and
it took two hours to find a route home that wasn't
closed to fallen 100 year old oak trees.

We probably shouldn't go here, but, you remember the
generator discussion a year or so ago?  Some of my
neighbors had huge generators they bought in
anticipation of Y2K and were sharing power with other
neighbors that didn't own one.  Everything was
OPS/NORMAL until they ran out of fuel after one day.
Then they couldn't find gas stations with power.  I
fired up my 1000KW Honda and had enough power to keep
two fridges going, or one microwave, or one window
air-conditioner (part of my Rube Goldberg cooling
system for the boat). We ran air-con during the day
and fridges at night. At a one quart burn per 8 hours
and a 5 gallon supply I had more than enough to last
until the power came back on.

It was more than worth the grief I took from "da
list".

Good luck!  I don't mind the honey-do's so much as the
supervision and the de-brief.

Brad Haslett
"CoraShen"