[Rhodes22-list] Hey Wally!

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 19 11:02:32 EDT 2004

Brad,

Saturday was perfect. I sailed around all day chasing a friend's Hunter 32.
The wind was a steady 12-15 but as always there were plenty of interesting
gusts. I worked pretty hard for a couple of hours beating upriver and up
current.  I had the boat balanced with full 125 and furl in the main.

The run home was wild. I unfurled main, hecl I wanted go for it. It was not
the right call. The wind realy picked up and I was flying. The wind kept
increasing and gusting around from different directions. The white caps were
stacked close and the current teamed with strong winds drove me higher up. I
broached badly but was able tp gain back rudder control before anything bad
happened. When I got things under control I quickly furled my genny and
sailed down wind under main alone. I was still flying!

The wild front blew through and things calmed down. I ate a late lunch and
decided to keep going down river for a few more miles and then back for nice
sun set ending. One of the best days sailing all year.

There was a bunch of debris but nothing like last years flooding. Most of
the bigger piles had herons standing on them so you could see them easily.
We saw very few motor boats out.

Today we get to do it all over again!

Wally