[Rhodes22-list] Hunter IMF

SVGravityLeak at aol.com SVGravityLeak at aol.com
Mon Sep 20 11:13:57 EDT 2004

At the Cedar Point Boat Show, we took a sail on a new 36' Hunter with IMF.
The rig is fractional, so the mainsail provides most of the power.

After turning at the end of the boom, the main outhaul runs forward inside
the boom, down the mast and back to the cabin mounted 2-speed winches.  The
furling line follows the same path.  For reinforcement, there are struts on either
side of the mast that are attached just above the boom joint.  Using the
winches to unfurl and furl in 10 knot winds, the system worked flawlessly.

The boat is well balanced under jib and main and the helm response is
impressive.  However, to make room for a berth under the cockpit, the seat-backs are
shallow.  With a cockpit about the same length as the R22, but less comfort in
the seating, Upper Management still prefers our R22.

Fred