[Rhodes22-list]Fred's Hunter IMF

SVGravityLeak at aol.com SVGravityLeak at aol.com
Mon Sep 20 14:46:18 EDT 2004

Ed,

No, I believe the water ballast is limited to smaller, trailerable models
under 30'.  Hunter competes in midsize keel boats with other mass production
builders like Catalina and Beneteau--sort of like Chevy, Ford and Dodge.

Beneteau has had IMF for a while.  A friend of mine had one a few years ago
on a 32' Beneteau and it was awful.  He got rid of it after only one season.
Tried to sell it to me, but I bought the R22.

What's made the Hunter unique recently is they now mount the traveler on an
arch above the cockpit in models 30' and up.  I makes for nice bimini
protection of the helm position and it keeps the cockpit less cluttered.

My wife wants to steer with a wheel, but she'd rather be comfortable.  If
they ever get the cockpit seating right, I might desert this list.

Fred