[Rhodes22-list] Genoa too long for my GBI furling tube

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Mon Sep 20 17:48:37 EDT 2004

Bob,

There is a reason why the tube on the standard GBI furler is a couple feet
shorter than the forestay.  The reason is so the furling drum can be slid up
against the butt end of the mast without disconnecting the forestay from the
masthead when trailering.  If the furling tube were nearly the same length
as the forestay; then, the furling drum would stick out in front of the butt
end of the mast that it would be structurally unsafe.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium