[Rhodes22-list] Genoa too long for my GBI furling tube

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Mon Sep 20 21:00:24 EDT 2004

Roger,

As an owner of the CDI furler, I think Rummy is saying that the CDI furler
foil is cut to be just short of the upper end of the forestay. When you
lower the mast, the furler sticks out a couple of feet beyond the base of
the mast. The solution for transporting it is to stick a piece of wood, a
piece of PVC, etc. up into the mast such that an amount approximately equal
to the "extra" length of the CDI furler to support the furling drum. The
excess foil / drum is then tied to the support.

Mark Kaynor