[Rhodes22-list] Genoa too long for my GBI furling tube

Rik Sandberg sanderico at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 20 22:38:26 EDT 2004

Roger,

Doug Gardener has a CDI on his R22. When he came down to KY Lake with it
a couple years back, he came with the furler/sail tied to the mast,
pretty much like the normal GBI setup, except it hung past the end of
the mast about 2 feet. The only difference in how he had to do it was,
he had a piece of lumber about 3 feet long (2x2, I think) that he had
fit so it slid into the foot of the mast once it was down and laid on
the bow pulpit. This piece of lumber stuck out of the foot of the mast
about 2 feet. Doug tied the over hanging end of his CDI to this piece of
lumber to stabilize it for transport. It seemed quite a simple and
effective solution to the problem.

Rik