[Rhodes22-list] Genoa too long for my GBI furling tube

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Tue Sep 21 21:39:23 EDT 2004

Bob,

If you can find the appropriate sized tubing, Todd's suggestion is a good
one.  Having the internal "splice" will help hold the entire assembly in
alignment during welding.  A certified welder would be able to butt weld the
two pieces together in the manner I originally suggested & it would be
acceptably strong.  However, any yayhoo should be able to weld the two
pieces together using Todd's suggestion.  Since, you may not be able to find
a certified welder, Todd's suggestion is cheap insurance.

Good luck!

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium