[Rhodes22-list] Politics: Cat Stevens

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 06:12:08 EDT 2004

Bill,

That's difficult to answer without having access to
all the info the TSA folks have.  Stevens, or whatever
he calls himself these days, was certainly a threat to
Salman Rudshe.  If he retains that same hateful
attitude to us "infidels" in the US then, yeah, he's a
threat.

Having dealt with the INS on many occasions on behalf
of several different people, I'd have to say the best
thing we could do as a nation is eliminate the whole
department and start from scratch.  Those people and
that whole department is dysfunctional.

We still have some serious gaping holes in our airline
security system.  The TSA "Thousands Standing Around"
is OK for window dressing but not the total solution.
I'd tell you what I know about some recent alerts from
some co-workers that are working on the problem in DC
but I'd have to kill you.  Well, maybe not, but there
would be "some explainin' to do". What happened in
Russia a few weeks ago with two planes being blown up
within minutes of each other is definitely not out of
the question here.  Blue eyed, middle-age, Muslim
women smuggling bombs - YIKES!

Political correctness is going to have to take a back
seat to security until we get a better system in
place.

I miss Cat Stevens - haven't listened to his music
since the Gulf War.

Brad Haslett