[Rhodes22-list] Outboards - Environmentally Friendly 2-cycles

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 09:03:01 EDT 2004

This is so simple I don't know why it isn't mentioned
more frequently.  Duh!

I did a quick google search on bio-degradable 2-cycle
oils and guess what, they exist.  Stihl, and others,
manufacture a vegatable oil based 2-cycle lubricant
that quickly bio-degrades.  Now I can fire up the
2-stroke with a clear conscience.

Next year I'm going to run bio-diesel (it doesn't keep
well over the winter) in the "CoraShen" and that
should put me in first place for the "Tennessee River
Tree-hugger of the Year" award, except maybe for the
100,000 pounds of fuel I run through every day at
work.

Brad Haslett
"CoraShen"