[Rhodes22-list] Poll

Steve rhodes2282 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 10:48:37 EDT 2004

Rummy
Since you flip me off yesterday; being the nice,
sweet, kind hearted guy I am; here is some Friday
reading material:-)
Enjoy:-)
Steve

 By WILL LESTER, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - President Bush (news - web sites)
solidified his advantage among men during the last
month and holds his highest ratings since January on
job performance, the economy and Iraq (news - web
sites), according to an Associated Press poll.

Bush has a 7-point lead over Sen. John Kerry (news -
web sites) — 52 percent to 45 percent among likely
voters — in the AP-Ipsos survey less than six weeks
before the Nov. 2 election. Independent Ralph Nader
(news - web sites) was backed by 1 percent.

The president held the advantage despite increasing
violence in Iraq and a week of attacks on his Iraq
policy by an increasingly combative Kerry, the
Democratic presidential nominee.

"We took a lead after our convention and the lead has
held," said Matthew Dowd, a senior Bush campaign
strategist. Bush has a slight lead in some polls, and
is running even in others.

Among registered voters, Bush leads Kerry 51 percent
to 42 percent, while Nader had the backing of 2
percent.

Since the Republican convention, Bush's job approval
is up, 54 percent among likely voters, and just over
half of them approve of his handling of the economy
and Iraq. His approval in all three areas is as high
as it's been all year in the polling conducted for the
AP by Ipsos-Public Affairs.

Bush holds a 17-point lead among men. And Bush and
Kerry are tied among women, a traditionally Democratic
group that now favors Bush on protecting the country.

The poll of 1,302 registered voters, including 916
likely voters, was taken Sept. 20-22. The margin of
sampling error for registered and likely voters is
plus or minus 3 percentage points, larger for
subgroups.