[Rhodes22-list] Fred's Sails

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Sep 24 15:44:13 EDT 2004

Roger,
Captain Keller was having some difficulties pointing into the wind, or so  he
thought. We have been out at least on three occasions sailing together in our
 respective boats and the only noticeable difference is that I can sail right
up  his butt. For whatever reason, RumRunner is a faster boat. This allowed
me to  move just about anywhere I wanted to on him. There were times when our
hulls  sailed with three feet of each other, sailing in the same wind, etc. No
difference in pointing. Both boats have the IMF, 175 and comparable equipment
 and weight. Only difference is the centerboard. He has the newer style
diamond  board.
In our not so precise tests, the boats were identical in pointing ability.
Skipper skills makes RumRunner the fastest.

Rummy