[Rhodes22-list]Speed Over Ground

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Fri Sep 24 15:55:54 EDT 2004

Rik,

The engine manufacturers are rigging the engines and the tests.  In the real world people are not getting the advertised results because their engines stall out under load, so they change the mixture.  I know I don't have to explain this part to you.

There are numerous papers out there debunking the 2X fuel mileage claim.

Roger challenged me to perform fuel tests from my own boat.  What I said was that for numerous reasons I can't do these fuel tests from my own boat.  And I'm sticking with that.

Bill