[Rhodes22-list] Winter On Lake Hartwell

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Fri Sep 24 19:56:05 EDT 2004

Ed,

As much as I appreciate your offer, I really can't afford it.  We didn't go on any sort of cruise on Dynamic Equilibrium this year, only overnighted on it a couple of times on Sanford Lake, & daysailed once on nearby Lake Huron.  This is the least usage the boat has gotten in the 17 years we've owned her.  Of course, this low usage was partly due to the ice destroying my dock last spring.  The only vacation I've taken in over two years was the backpacking/mountain biking trip with Gary to Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area in SW Kentucky in July & that didn't cost much.  If I don't find a job soon, I may have to sell Dynamic Equilbrium.  Even with all the custom work & TLC, it's still a 1976 boat.  Somebody is going to get a heck of a good deal because I'll never be able to sell it for what it would cost to duplicate.  I don't even know what a reasonable asking price for my boat would be.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium