[Rhodes22-list] Bill Effros - Electric Drive

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 11:15:27 EDT 2004

Bill,

Your idea of combining an electric drive with a small
generator is quite good!  Yamaha now makes a competing
model to my Honda which is cheaper and lighter.  The
noise level is about the same and is certainly less
than the quietest outboard.  It is nice to have around
the house as well.

Attached are a couple of photos from the Summer Palace
in Beijing.  The lake is full of electric boats.  We
rented an 8 passenger boat and I was suprised at how
fast it moved.  The other photo is of a solar powered
cruise boat on the same lake.  If I ever get the time
to build a "houseboat" this is what it would look
like.

Brad Haslett
"CoraShen"

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail