[Rhodes22-list] Terrorism vs. Radical Islam

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 27 19:45:53 EDT 2004

Roger,

   -I think the key is to bring up the standard of
living & increase opportunities in the Islamic world.
This will get rid of the root cause for terrorism-

Nail on head!

As Bush pointed out to the UN last week, we have
looked the other way from oppression in the name of
stability and stability never came.  The House of Saud
and most of the other Arab leaders have lived in
luxury beyond imigination while their citizens lived
in squalor.  To fend off a take-over and loss of power
if not life, they have allowed and sometimes
encouraged radical Islamic growth to take the heat off
them.  As I pointed out in an earlier post, we have
ignored the problems in the Arab world since at least
the early seventies in the interest of keeping the oil
flowing.

I understand in theory at least what the goal is in
Iraq and its affect on the region.  There are lots of
problems but what are the other solutions?

Brad Haslett
"CoraShen"